I feel fortunate to support causes close to my heart by volunteering for these community organizations:
To build girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
- Troop Leader, 2012 to present
- Troop Cookie Chair, 2013 and 2014
- Service Unit Troop Recruiter & Organizer, 2016
- Service Unit Communications Chair (e-news, social media), 2013 to 2017
Supporting and Advocating for Gifted Education
To ensure gifted children in our district reach their fullest potential by advocating on their behalf.
- President, 2018-
- Communications Chair and President Elect, 2017-present
- Communications Chair, 2015 to 2017 — web site, social media, e-newsletter, flyers; writing and designing
- Online Communications, 2014 to 2015 — web site maintenance
- Campus Representative, 2013 to 2014
City Square Dallas
To fight the causes and effects of poverty through service, advocacy, and friendship.
- Volunteer Graphic Designer, 2014
To make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
- Local PTA Communications/Web Chair, 2016 to 2019
- Council of PTAs Web/Tech Chair, 2015 to 2017
- Local PTA Literary Magazine Chair, 2015
- Local Campus Elective Class Teacher – Scratch, Girls’ Coding Club, Scratch Jr., 2013 and 2014
- Local PTA Talent Show Chair, 2014
- Local PTA Communications Chair (newsletter, web, social media), 2011 to 2013
- Local Campus Homeroom Parent – 2011 to 2015
International Association of Business Communicators, Brazos Valley
To improve the effectiveness of organizations through strategic interactive and integrated business communication management.
- Programs Chair, early 2000’s
- Membership Chair, early 2000’s